The sampling strategy will consist in catching birds with appropriate invisible nets, fitted along paths within different ecosystems at various altitudes :
- the surroundings of the Nusa Ulan village, from the coastal area to the summits of the nearby mountains,
- the surroundings of the Wanoma village and slopes of the Seraran anticline,
- the slope of the Berari anticline along Lake Sewiki,
- the Berari summit,
- the surroundings of the Lobo village to the summit of the Lamansiere range,
- the forest surroundings of Cape Tanjung Boi,
- the underground networks of the River Mbuta.
Each specimen will be weighed, blood sampled (molecular analysis), measured and photographed. Each individual will be banded and released. Their chants will also be recorded.
The molecular and morphological analysis (plumage and general shape) will enable, for each bird, to establish the indexes of diversity and demography, and to identify potential different populations depending on the altitude or level of ecological complexity.
|Team leader||Christophe Thébaud||Scientist||Sampling, barcoding||Univ. Toulouse||France|
|Team leader||Haryoko||Scientist||Taxonomy, sampling||RCB-LIPI||Indonesia|
|Borja Mila||Scientist||Taxonomy, barcoding||MNCN Madrid||España|
|Hadi Wikanta||Technician||Sampling, referencing||RCB-LIPI||Indonesia|
|Herman Warmetan||Scientist||Taxonomy||UNIPA Manokwari||Indonesia|
|Mohammad Irham||Scientist||Taxonomy, barcoding||RCB-LIPI||Indonesia|